Empower you and your family with access to lab test results and information once
only available to doctors. WellCard Health's lab savings gives members access to
an efficient, affordable, and confidential solution for quality medical lab testing
at up to 50% off regular pricing.
Join WellCard Health now and reduce your health care costs today!
- Dramatically reduce the cost of health care for you and your family by ordering
the same lab tests ordered by your doctor at up to 50% less.
- Purchase lab testing by phone 24 hours a day. For an additional 10% discount, order
Q: Who can use the WellCard Health lab services?
Anyone, including but not exclusive to those who have the following:
- A medical health plan
- "Heavy use" of medical testing that health insurance doesn't cover
- A high deductible or Health Savings Account plan
- A "waiting period" for health insurance
- A Mini-Med or limited benefit health plan
- A temporary major medical plan
- Part-time employment
- Independent contract work
- No health insurance
- Dependents that can't be included on a group plan due to cost
- Self-funded plans where the employer wants to reduce health care costs for the company
- A need for frequent testing for the same test or condition
- An ongoing medical condition not covered by health care plan
- Membership in an association or union
- Involvement in associations with members who require frequent testing, including
medical conditions and truck drivers
Q: What is the testing procedure?
A: You may order online or by phone. We then refer you to the laboratory with the
Patient Service Center most convenient to your home or office, where the blood is
drawn by a certified phlebotomist. The results are received by our office generally
within 48-72 hours and e-mailed confidentially to you. Members purchase testing
online, or by phone, and then visit one of nearly 2,000 local Patient Service Centers
(PSC) in their neighborhoods. Most test results are available within a couple of
Q: Is WellCard Health's lab service covered by my insurance?
A: We do not file insurance claims. Some insurance plans have "wellness" or "prevention"
benefits. You should contact your carrier for that information. We can provide you
with the procedure CPT codes so you may file for reimbursement, if needed.
Q: What is a Patient Service Center?
A: Certified laboratories have Patient Service Centers throughout the United States
where patients have their blood drawn. These are staffed by licensed phlebotomists
and are the same facilities referred to by the nation's top doctors.
Q: Is there a Patient Service Center near me?
A: WellCard Health's lab service uses only nationwide CLIA-certified Medical Reference
Laboratories with Patient Service Centers close to where members live or work. Special
arrangements can be made for members living in an area without a nearby facility.
Q: Are the lab test results confidential?
A: Yes. We respect your privacy and maintain confidentiality. You are the only one
who receives the results unless you specifically direct us otherwise, with a signed
HIPAA release. TO ASSURE COMPLETE PRIVACY, ALL RESULTS FOR STD TESTING MUST BE RETRIEVED
BY CALLING the toll-free customer service number, AFTER TESTING IS COMPLETE. All
other results will be sent by email. If you have any questions, please call our
Customer Service Specialists.
Q: How reliable are the results?
A: We use the leading national laboratories, which are fully accredited, licensed
Medical Reference Labs. These are the same labs your physician uses.
Q: Will my doctor see the results or receive a copy?
A: No. Only you receive your results. However, we do recommend that you take a copy
of the results with you when you visit your doctor; or you may complete and return
by fax or mail a HIPAA release and direct us to send your doctor the results.